The Kiwanis Club of Mt.Airywas originally chartered in April, 1949 thanks to the combined efforts of three area clubs: Taneytown, Westminsterand Ellicott City.
The club began with 32 charter members, including several community leaders.
We have always been a group of service-oriented citizens who enjoy giving back and making a difference in the quality of life in our community, especially with regard to our children and supporting their potential. Mt. Airy Kiwanis possesses a long and proud tradition of service to the community, thanks in large measure to the continuity and contribution of our members over the years. We meet the 1st and 3rd Wednesday at 7:00 PM at Mt. Airy Senior Center. More Info
The Objectives of Kiwanis International
- To give primacy to the human and individual and spiritual, rather than to the material values of life.
- To encourage the daily living of the Golden Rule in all human relationships.
- To promote the adoption and the application of higher social, business, and professional standards.
- To develop, by precept and example, a more intelligent, aggressive, and serviceable citizenship.
- To provide, through Kiwanis clubs, a practical means to form enduring friendships, to render altruistic service, and to build better communities.
- To cooperate in creating and maintaining that sound public opinion and high idealism which make possible the increase of righteousness, justice, patriotism, and good will.